Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Sad Day

There have been many loved ones lost in the past few years. My Aunt Barbara is the last to leave of the family of my parents. She is my aunt by marriage into the Brown family. She was the youngest of her siblings and she left these four behind. This was a family of children who raised each other because their parents died when they were very young. These sisters watched over Barbara with great care and were tireless in service to her until the very end. They are heroes.
Barbara passed away after several months of struggling to stay on earth. She was always cheerful and hopeful in spite of the many hospitalizations and times at the rehabilitation center where she was cared for. She was a fighter.
During my childhood she and my Uncle Merril were wonderful to me and I always felt especially loved by them. The only happiness in losing a loved one is in remembering the times together and thinking of the great reunion above. Finally, she will meet her mother. What a happy day.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Aunt Barbara was so blessed to have such wonderful sisters. They look so sweet. She was also blessed to have you; you are such a wonderful lady!!!

Thanks for posting! I love it all!