Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You Never Know

You never know what you can do until you try.
Well, I have always wanted to take an art class but I knew that I had no talent since my high school art class was such a nothing experience. So when my artist friend moved to town I felt safe enough to take a class from her. We started in October or November and I have enjoyed every lesson although every time I go there, the project she has chosen for us to do that day scares me to death! The hardest part is turning off the logical side of the brain and seeing through the creative side. Not easy at all. Since you asked.....here is a sample of what I have been learning:

This is my teacher, Renon and my friend Susie who takes class with me. We are in Renon's dining room/studio
This is a drawing with watercolor.

This was the first day of class. Watercolor. 
This was a snowman that I loved when it was done. It is done with pastels.

Another watercolor.

Picture is not as good as the original oil painting. I couldn't get an angle with the camera that could capture the vibrant colors but you get the idea.

This winter scene was done with acrylics.

On my own, I tried to copy a picture of a grandchild. It's ok but hopefully I will get better.
Now you can see that I have been having fun at this art thing. We are exploring all kinds of materials. I'm not sure what I like the most but I do like the adventure of exploring a new thing in my life.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow Mom!!!! These are really, really good. :) You have found a new talent!

Richards in Poland said...

I want a picture!! You are really good. Love you!