Saturday, January 16, 2010

Deer Ones


I need a sign. I need a sign that says "Deer Crossing" or maybe it should say "Dear Resort and Winter Camp" Every winter we have any where from 1 or 2 to 5 or 6 deer guests that enjoy lounging and having lunch or dinner in the back yard. They visit continually and I continue to take pictures of them. The latest guests were here yesterday, basking in the sun and eating any and everything. I must say that I love to look at them and I wonder how anyone can hunt and have them for dinner but they certainly are abundant with no natural predators. The only down side is that they eat my tulips and other garden delicacies in the spring and they leave a winters full of dropping evidence that must be deaalt with, come the warm weather. The Georgia Grandchildren are both scared and facinated with them when they have their summer visits. It is pretty exciting to look out the window and see these beautiful animals. So here is the latest visiting family. There were four. I love the little buck who has only one antler and can't help but wonder how the other broke off. So if anyone has a "Deer Crossing" sign, I'll be glad to post it.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

They are beautiful to look at, that's for sure.

I'm sure Topher wasn't quite sure what to think of your winter guests and vice versa.

I love how they travel in families.

Carrie said...

They are so cute the way they look straight at you when you are taking their pictures.

Your pictures are beautiful. You should use them to make cards.