Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter

There were just five of us at our Easter dinner this year. It was not our typical fifteen plus but it was lovely. Because of the smaller numbers I chose to forgo the ham in favor of a standing rib roast. I must say it was perfectly cooked. I couldn't believe I could do that so well. Luck I think.
It was accompanied by mashed potatoes, hot rolls, broccoli and cheese and salad.
For dessert I served a favorite of my mother's. Strawberry Short Cake. Here is what it is: hot biscuits just out of the oven with butter melting into the biscuit. Top with sugared strawberries and whipping cream. If you add vanilla ice cream before the whipping cream it makes it even better. As you can see, Lindsay found it to be Yummy. So did the rest of us.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That meal sounds so good and your Easter table is so lovely. I gotta make that Strawberry Shortcake sometime soon!